(We’ve created a full archive of our tier lists here. You can also ask questions or leave feedback on that page as well. Thanks!)
Hey guys! If you have been keeping up to date with JP’s new card/ult releases, then the NEW additions to this week’s Aggregate Leader List shouldn’t be too surprising. I’ll be briefly going over the new split Ult Kaede and Sensui (from the new Yu Yu Hakusho collab), and finally the grand prize that is Yuusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho).
Split Ult Kaede, released just last week, boasts a brand new spanking leader skill: “(No Skyfall Combos) 25% reduced damage, 2.5x ATK when 2+ Wood combos; 10x ATK if board is left with less than 6 orbs after matching”. This boasts a 625x attack multiplier AND a 43% shield at full activation, which isn’t super difficult to activate. 6 orbs or less is actually quite lenient compared to other leaders with the similar leader skill.
The main drawback is probably going to be the 2+ wood combos that you will need for each board, which will cost you an active skill or two here and there. And all things considered, when tackling harder dungeons (again, think Alt Arena/Arena 3/Arena 4), you won’t have or want to use your skills up early. Also you will miss out on your all-important 43% shield and your survivability if you don’t have 6+ wood orbs. This, amongst some other reasons, prevents her from becoming higher up on the list, and only place at Tier 3 for now.
Sensui is a 6* prize from Yu Yu Hakusho’s REM. His leader skill is as follows: “(No Skyfall Combos) 1.5x all parameters for Attacker Type; 2x ATK when 5 combos, 12x when 10+ combos” Right off the bat, his LS just screams a “better” Revo Kushinadahime, having the extra 1.5x RCV in his leader skill over Kush. The downside is the limited sub pool, however if you do manage to assemble them, his team is pretty durable and can still pump out damage. Notable subs include Yuna (from Final Fantasy), Alphonse (Fullmetal), Leona (King of Fighters).
Finally, we have the REAL prize of the Collab: Yuusuke. I highly suggest checking out his stats, awakenings, leader and active skills over at PADX before continue reading. Essentially, he covers a lot of uses and gimmicks all packed into one card; in my opinion rivalling even that of Diablos and Edward for #1.
Warning: Wall of text outlining Yuusuke’s pros (no cons because he’s OP)
My initial impressions and thoughts with Yuusuke is as follows:
- As a 1.5x all parameters for light cards leader, he has the all-important unbindable awakening.
- Has average attack stats, but has it covered by the 2 “7c” awakenings.
- One of the few cards that boasts a Void Damage Pierce awakening to deal with pesky Damage Voids.
- He is balanced-type; meaning he can take ANY Latent Killers to supplement his damage.
- His active skill, similar to the Awoken Sonias, combines orb-unlock with a bicolor board change, is great for hassle-free burst, and is synergistic to his insane leader skill.
- Attacking with 7+ combos granting 4x attack is pretty much a no-brainer to activate, so his main goal on each board is matching that water + light for 2.5x attack.
- Notice how his source of attack multiplier (max 225x) comes in 3 parts.
- This means he can control his damage to an extent, should he choose to do so, against mobs such as Parvati or Sopdet; potentially saving an active skill. Not the most relevant thing in this age of PAD, but it’s something going for him still.
- Light sub pool has been insane as of late; all of which can be put flexibly on Yuusuke’s team: Yuna, Ginchiyo, Ideal, Edward, OdinDra, Zinogre, Amatsu…
… And the list definitely goes on. If I have missed anything, do comment and let me and others know!
Also, another thing with the Collab is the Trading Post. JP players can now trade in four 6* cards (from a specific pool of 6* Godfest Exclusives, and 6* from the Collab Rem itself) for any of the 6* in the Collab. This means players may not even have to spend a dime on the Yu Yu Hakusho REM, and can instead trade in, for example, 4 Blue Odins for their very own Yuusuke. This made Yuusuke (and others) a lot more accessible to the player base and thus further pushing the Yuusuke Meta and his ratings further.
All of this secures Yuusuke to Tier 1 on our Aggregate Leader List, and I feel/fear he will be staying there for the months to come. What a time to be PADing, to be honest! Well played Gungho; although I do have my share of doubt on Gungho for this. People will only be spending less money if this Trading Post feature is here, so what gives? My speculation is that we will probably be seeing the Awoken Evo forms of the 6* GFEs we’re trading away right now… Which means we will continue to roll for them in a few months’ time. I am personally holding off on trading for Yuusuke until the last day, in case anything gets announced.
But that is going to be it for this week’s post. Thank you for reading!
DISCLAIMER: (quoted from SetsuPAD) on all current and future Aggregate/Tier lists: “Don’t take these ratings as fact; I encourage you to simply take them as a starting point for discussion to figure out which leads are actually the best for your specific situation.”
Cards you own that are not on these Tier Lists are not automatically nonviable, and cards you own that are on these Tier Lists are not automatically viable.
These tier lists assume BEST subs (often hard-to-acquire GFEs/collab cards) tackling hard dungeons (Arena 3, 3-Player Rushes, ALT Arena/Arena 4). Therefore, their uses largely depend on your box, your progression in PAD, and personal puzzling/comboing skills.